Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mules and miles

This week has been a fun week for me. On Monday and Thursday 'The Lost Mules', an old electric blues band that I first started playing with in 1993, met up for two rehearsals in preparation for a come back gig on Sunday 26th in the Taw River Inn. I always think it sounds better after time away from playing and we had great fun nimbling up the fingers, lubricating our vocal chords and blowing the dust out of the reeds! The Monday rehearsal was at Tavistock so I used the opportunity to work in some tough 3 Peaks preparation miles by cycling to the rehearsal via Dartmoor. I overestimated the headwind and rain near Princetown and was a tad late! Yesterday I organized the Sticklepath Horseshoe Running race on Dartmoor, an event approximately as old as the Mules and even more legendary. great fun organizing and some terrific help from the village and fun with Grandma and the family at the fete, including Helen's first pony ride!

1 comment:

Dave Haygarth said...

Wow - scarily close finish on that Fell Race!!! Looks a classic balmy summer's day in the hot sunshine of a Devon August (!)