Friday, April 21, 2006

"My new tree-house!"

I am nearing the end of two weeks off-work and it has been a great and much-needed break for me. Anne is settling into her 3 mornings-a-week working and it is the school holidays, so I have spent a lot of time with Matthew, Angus and Helen. One accomplishment for me and Matthew in particular was building a 'tree-house', really a climbing frame with a slide attached, made from old tree stumps left over after the tree-felling last Autumn. Some of the photos attached (click on the middle of the photo to reveal the full set from this week ) show Matthew playing in the tree house with his long term 'best friend' Max Ford. Jules his Mum and Jodie his sister also popped around one afternoon with their new puppy-dog Archie, the latter of which provided much fascination for Angus. Speaking of which, Angus had a bout of illness mid week, he went down for 24 hours and then bounced back (yes, more vomit again!). Both the boys have been on great form though. I seem to have had a lot of time with Matt making the tree house and chatting in general, he seems to be blooming, asking questions about everything, the holiday has been positive for him. Similarly Angus seems to have come up in a jump, last night I was reading his standard 'Usborne Book of Tractors' (a must for boys aged 3) and he was really keen to learn the logic behind all the different trailers and tools and machinery that could be attached to them. Anne seems to be doing well having returned to work. Yesterday I took Matthew to the bank and opened a savings account for him, he was chuffed to have his 'own bank'. Personally, I have been trying to up the miles on my bike on preperation for the 3 Peaks this Autumn, my target is to do 300 miles a month this year as opposed to the 200 mules I achieved last year. The step up will be a challenge amongst family life. Anyhow, so far this week I did 60 miles and plan to do at least another 40 by the end of the week. A final note, a thought for my Aunty Sylvia (my late Dad's sister) who last week suffered a stroke and is recovering in hospital in Walsall. Wishing you a speedy recovery Aunty Syl.

1 comment:

The Haygarth Family said...

Great new present, boys! Tell daddy that I hope 'Health & Safety' approved,
love, Grandma