Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sunday night

It's been a strange weekend, there has been a bug around that knocked Matthew for 6 this afternoon, he had a fever and felt sick. Anne and I are also under the weather but our symptoms are (so far) more modest. At the moment we are still tired and Gran is staying which is a great help. Angus and I completed moving the logs from the front garden today, progress on domestic things such as this is slow at the moment. Helen is a bit 'moanie' but actually plain frustrated, she is on the verge of crawling but cannot quite do it, she is sharp as button. Today I found a new way to make her giggle uncontrolably - I put her upside down with her tummy on top of my head and shake my head from side to side as I walk around, it is such a joy when she laughs. I finished reading 'Five Fall into Adventure' to Matthew, an exciting end - we all listened into the last chapter, happy tales. Last night Anne and I had a night out in the village - supper with friends in the village followed by a bop to a live band in the village hall, it was a good night, but it wiped us out today. I watched the Tour of Flanders bike race on TV in and around other things, the highlight of my cycle-sport-following year, what an awesome event. I must take the famliy to it when they are older, spine tingling. Tommorow is a busy day with some milestones, Anne starts back to work and I know she is anxious about the added complexity this will bring. I am going to Vienna for 3 days with work, but from next weekend I am off work for 2 weeks. Roll on! Dad

1 comment:

Dave Haygarth said...

Boonen!