Friday, May 05, 2006

Springtime in South Zeal

The last week or two there has seen a flurry of activity on a number of fronts. My Mum (Grandma) has come down to stay. Last weekend was May bank holiday and on the Saturday Aunt Patsy and Fiona joined us. It was great because it felt so spring-like and we mowed the lawn for the first time. I took some nice pictures of Grandma, Fiona and Aunt Patsy with the children - see pics from this day at http://www.flickr.com/photos/50992354@N00/tags/lateapril2006/.

On Sunday Charlie and Juliette and Madeline came for the afternoon. We had a meal, a few drinks and a lazy walk around the village, which looks beautiful at the moment - see more pics from this day at http://www.flickr.com/photos/50992354@N00/tags/lateapril2006curnowvisit/.

On Monday it was 7 years since Anne and I were married, I cannot believe it, how time flies! Helen has made a few more developments, she stands up independently now, says clearly distinctive words like ‘Daddy’’, ‘Mummy’, ‘night-night’ and ‘no’ (note the lack of ‘yes’ yet!). We even think she said ‘Grandma’ (much to my Mum’s delight). Angus is consistently dry at night now and has at long last discarded his ‘running pants’ (family fun-code for pull-up nappies) and goes unaided in the night; hur-bloddy-ray.

Matthew and I cycled 5 miles during the week around Sticklepath and Taw Green. We are now reading 'Five Go off in a Caravan' (what bounders Lou and Tiger Dan are). I managed to do 225 miles on my bike in April, so fell short of my target 300 3-Peaks-target, but not bad for a busy month, I have other priorities at the moment and need to keep the balance right. It is my 40th this summer so I have been making some plans for a party, ordered a marquee for the garden and starting the invites. It is friday today and the sun is shining, only a few hour ‘til the weekend! Time to put the porridge in the microwave…..

Phil

No comments: