Sunday, June 18, 2006

‘Balden Ham’ (and other aspects of Fathers Day)

Today is Father's day and it has been a cracker. We started bright and early with a bike ride all-together on the cycle path. Anne and Matthew went all the way to the station whilst Helen and Angus and I set a more modest pace because Angus is still on stabilisers and it was Helen’s first time out on the baby bike seat behind me. She seemed to love it and went all placid (unusual for Helen) and just smiled and took it all in. Matthew and I had a special moment filling in the world cup chart writing down the scores for all the groups and putting it on the wall. He gets much pleasure out of things like that and does them so well. Anne cut my hair today (you will see from the pictures it is a bit of a severe cut) and Angus says I am now ‘Balden’! Later this afternoon, he was ‘helping’ me fix Mum’s bike I happened to catch him playing with a toy plastic hammer and, whilst beating the floor shouted ‘Ham! Ham! Ham’ to match the blows. I never thought of that, how stupid of me not to think of it, yet you can see his logic! Balden Ham! Happy Fathers day.

Have a look at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/philhaygarth/tags/fathersday18thjune2006/

 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dave Haygarth said...

Slaphead.

Adrian said...

....Don't be so rude to baby Helen