Saturday, March 20, 2010

Passing through Primrose....


, originally uploaded by Phil Haygarth.

Yesterday I went to Exmouth to celebrate the life of the late Margaret Fox, my cousin Mark's Mum in law who sadly passed on last week. Anne and I knew Margaret quite well, having spent time together with us when we lived in New Zealand 2000-01. We have a great memory of our Matt's first Christmas witjh Margaret and Cliff, her late partner (good God!). It was lovely yesterday to be re-acquiented with my Kiwi cousins, plus Aunty Eileen and Adrian Dee and family, plus Margaret's son (another old mate) Simon, and his family (including new baby Erin). An upbeat service was followed by drinks at Margarets's charming house (Primrose Cottage), followed by a Chinese in the town and latterly dancing to an aging blues rock band in the York Inn - a great fun experience to be headbanging with my lovely nnow grown-up nieces in a late night bar! I stayed the night in Primrose cottage before an early departrure back to Lancashire by train. Thanks for having me, some pics here (taken from phone in low light).

No comments: