Saturday, September 09, 2006

Brief get-together

Last Sunday I had a rapid trip north and met with Mum, Dave and Kate. Dave and I did a long bike event (see Dave's Blog for more on this at http://minnellium.blogspot.com/2006/09/good-days-work-in-north-pennines.html) as part of some shock-training for the 3-Peaks later this month. I took a late Saturday train and saw Dave and Kate's new kitchen, whilst Lily slept like a pink princess in her new bedroom (unfortunately I arrived late and departed early so never got to speak to her). On the way back to Preston station, rain, wind and sun battered, Dave and I met briefly with Mum and Toby at Crooklands. In true only-Mum style she brought me a mobile & well-welcome Sunday-dinner wrapped in foil that I subsequently absorbed in the train home. I arrived back at Exeter Station at 2320 Sunday night and my undercarriage and limbs have been sore ever since. Some pics are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/philhaygarth/tags/cumberland/

Thanks Mum, Dave and Kate.

Phil

No comments: