Sunday, June 08, 2008

Dancing, cycling - and a new job


DSCF0304
Originally uploaded by Phil Haygarth
This week has been a milestone week as on Monday I started my new job at Lancaster University. The job is a Professor of Soil and Water Science and Co-Director of the Centre for Sustainable Water Management - a great new challenge for me. The only temporary rub is that until late summer, when we will all move, I will be living a weekly commuter lifestyle which takes me away from the family. However, the bonus is that I temporarily stay with Mum and also I was able to easily visit baby Elsie on Wed night. This weekend, once home, we got Helen going on a 'new' bike and Angus partook in a lovely country dance with his class mates outside South Tawton school - follow this link for the pics.

No comments: